Feedback Official Discussion: Ocean World is Coming

Discussion in 'Game Discussion & Feedback' started by The Scorpion, Apr 29, 2016.

Dear forum reader!

If you want to get actively involved in the Forum and participate in the discussions, or want to start your own thread or topic, you will have to log into the game first. We are looking forward to your next visit in our Forum! Please be sure to register if you do not own a game account. CLICK HERE
  1. The Scorpion

The Scorpion Team Leader Team Zoomumba

Hi Kitty

Good point - it isn't right for the little ones to have to keep their legs crossed when they are desperate for a wee.

I will raise this request in my weekly report.

I am not sure how we would explain 'borrowing' Christo's Floating Piers, though. I think someone might notice something missing :p

Kind regards Scorpion

donademene and whitekitty like this.
  2. bornhald

bornhald bp_phrase_Forum_Count_Count

Thank you for the new zoo. Since I have started to play this game I wanted to add sea animals to it (specially dolphins and sharks). I think it is great that we have to made everything by ourselves. That way it is not a matter of money but of a hard work. I am proud to see my little ocean zoo which has 3 small habitats of my work. (And it will get better over the time). If I may suggest something: The process of building take a lot of rare resources. Perhaps it is possible to give us the chance of receiving those resources by offering it as a reward at the daily missions?
    Thank you again for your hard work.
    Sergey.

Carlim, Fluse and whitekitty like this.
  3. The Scorpion

Hi there Sergey

Thank you for your comments here. I am delighted to know that you are happy with the new Ocean World addition to our zoos. I am sure your new little ones are really happy playing in their new environment and are proud to have you as their Zoo Director.

I know that, in time, your Ocean World will grow and grow as you craft more items and introduce some more sea animals all achieved through your hard work.

Your suggestion about the raw materials being a part of the daily chores reward is very valid and will be passed on.

Keep up the good work.

Kind regards Scorpion

4. tanialogan

tanialogan bp_phrase_Forum_Apprentice

I have a question- in the main park I have seals but now for the ocean world I must buy them again because they cant go to the warehouse.Why?

Carlim and The Scorpion like this.
  5. tanialogan

I don't like the idea to build everything by ourselves because even for one middle tank I have to wait for weeks to get a rare materials.

Carlim and The Scorpion like this.
  6. The Scorpion

Hello Tania
    The Seals in the land zoos and the seals in Ocean World, along with the Blue Footed Boobies, Seagulls and Crabs, are treated as separate animals/birds and cannot be moved from land to Ocean World. The only commonality is that they share the same album collection.

Yes, we can appreciate that this is not to everyone's liking BUT please remember you are not expected to do everything all at once. Where would the fun be in that? You have to play the game, and hopefully enjoy it, to work to get the various raw materials required to craft the various habitats, shops and decorations. Cast your mind back to when you first started playing ZooMumba - you had to start slowly with only a couple of habitats and animals, working to get Pet Pennies to be able to afford more items for your zoos.

Keep at it and make your animals even more proud of you than they already are.

Kind regards Scorpion

donademene, Carlim and Fluse like this.
  7. tanialogan

Thank you!I'll do my best!

Carlim, Fluse and The Scorpion like this.
  8. pek712

pek712 bp_phrase_Forum_All_knowing_Oracle

Looks like my opossums wanted a little holiday by the ocean xD

[​IMG]

9. The Scorpion

Hmm! That is rather curious Pek. Perhaps they won a competition and a holiday at Ocean World was the prize.

What happened here? How did you discover these l'il critters in your OW?

Kind regards Scorpion

10. pek712

pek712 bp_phrase_Forum_All_knowing_Oracle

Curious indeed! I guess they somehow managed to get the grass enclosure float and got a bit of that sea breeze :p

Seriously though, it was an often occurring bug. Sometimes when I move from one playfield to another, some enclosures follow.
    It is a harmless bug and goes away when I visit the Management Centre or refresh my game page (chuckle)

BeastMasterXXX, donademene and Carlim like this.
  11. Carlim

Carlim bp_phrase_Forum_Board_Analyst

Yes, it lives going on in my zoo too. I think all the vermin want to know Ocean World !:D

( This bug occurs since this new update has been implemented ):wuerg:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 12, 2016
  12. Carlim

Carlim bp_phrase_Forum_Board_Analyst

Unexpected visit at Ocean World ..
    Hehehe..
    For the third time today!
    :oops:
    [​IMG]

13. The Scorpion

It seems like a lot of the animals are popping in to take a look at Ocean World, and they are even bringing their own decorations and some shops as well, just to make them feel at home.

Seriously though, as you will all be aware, this is a recurring but temporary memory glitch, which shows items (habitats, decorations, shops) from one zoo appearing in another zoo. including the new Ocean World. It will not affect the game and will clear on refreshing or just moving again from one zoo to another.

Thanks Pek and Carlim for the interesting piccies. AND thanks as well to Pek for showing the initial piccie and the explanation.

Kind regards Scorpion

Carlim, Fluse, donademene and 2 others like this.
  14. ZooNille

ZooNille bp_phrase_Forum_Greenhorn

Nice to have a new area - not nice that I need special materials to build the pens.
    I have managed a couple of small tanks - but it looks like a loooooong time before I can build any more.
    Understand the need for something to work towards, it's fun to have (achievable) goals - but this is demotivating instead of motivating for me...

*TC1*, Carlim, gleeful and 1 other person like this.
  15. The Scorpion

Hi there ZooNille

I am pleased to learn that you like the new area. But yes, I do understand that it can be frustrating having to wait a long time to gather the raw material required to build your habitats, decorations and shops. Please do remember though, that Ocean World has only just started and nobody is expected to fill the area overnight. Hopefully, it will be an enjoyable process working towards something that you want to do - and your animals will be proud of.

Don't get disheartened - remember back when you first started playing ZooMumba? Following the tutorial (if you did this) you started with two habitats and just a small number of animals. You probably wondered then how you were going to get enough PPs to feed your animals, have babies and buy more stuff!!! Well, you did it - with perseverence - and the love for your little darlings. The same can be applied to Ocean World.

Keep up the good work.

Kind regards Scorpion

Carlim and The Osprey like this.
  16. gleeful

gleeful bp_phrase_Forum_Active_Author

Right, Ocean World: I have had a week of so to digest the implications and its not all terrible, just most of it. I was ~ prepared for the cost, had millions of PPs saved and many materials (not enough).

Let's start with the major problems:

Why would trying to have a baby pelican cost so much more at sea (we have been through this, I have seen wild pelicans on several continents) than on land? It just smacks of gouging (remember that word).

Instead of brushing our aquatic animals we need to replace their 'filter' - and the icon suggesting a hab need some activity will allow a filter replacement after what ? 15% use? that's the gouging I was talking about.

Water requirements: I am looking forward to finally building a large hab, for some giant squid - I am however concerned that my 1100 capacity may not be enough to refill their hab. The numbers for S, M habs are brutal already. And I thought Wolves were bad.

My biggest gripe is the habitat 'size' variety. I am certain I wasn't the only player delighted to see this development ... utterly dismayed to find out the water hab (s) is exactly the SAME SIZE as water hab (m or l). Why not call it colour, spin (these are physicists answers to same thing but not quite the same) or something else but size? I am also unable to build a large habitat and find these things out unless someone at BP authorises my water tank collections (no cannonballs, buoys = going nowhere fast).

You talk about gaining new players, and maybe a few idiots loose with their parents credit card will buy their way deep into ocean world, but where is the interaction we used to have? We all love zoology and just want as wide a range of creatures as we can get. We like the education the (i) button can give but as far as gameplay goes OW is a backward step. 20% zoo needs 60% more assistants, and the filter will get changed for 500 PP a go.

I just think it could have been so much better, but would have required a little work (instead of the 2 yearsish of guessing, pretending) and then a year of lying about how hard everyone has worked on it.

I guarantee no one ever worked late (ever, not one night) to produce this 'huge development'. Sorry, but that's the voice of experience.

17. The Scorpion

Thank you for your feedback, Glee. This will be passed on to The Team in Hamburg.

You are always entitled to your own opinion but please keep your comments factual and refrain from using insults as this is never helpful to anyone and can cause offence.

kind regards Scorpion

Blenco58, Carlim, feej1274 and 3 others like this.
  18. feej1274

feej1274 bp_phrase_Forum_Living_Forum_Legend

Hi Gleeful
    The only time you seem to be opinionated in this forum is when you feel the need to be negative. Idiot is a strong word and I take offence at this to fellow players and forum users. In fact if you want to use that word "Idiot" I would say you were the biggest one. My reasons being: All you do is complain about the game and the devs etc yet you still are involved in a game that you have nothing good to say about!!

19. The Osprey

The Osprey User

Hello Fee.

Glee is, of course; entitled to air his opinion regarding the game, as is everybody. But I do understand your annoyance at being called an idiot because you enjoy playing the game and perhaps spend some real currency once in a while to make it even more enjoyable for you.

Perhaps it is better not to resort to any name calling as this does not solve anything and can cause upset here in our friendly forum. Let us try to put this behind us now and carry on with our own comments, whether positive or negative.

Kind regards Osprey

RomanianOwl, Carlim, feej1274 and 3 others like this.
  20. BeastMasterXXX

BeastMasterXXX bp_phrase_Forum_Living_Forum_Legend

i do not like to fall out with anyone here in our forum, but on this occasion I do find myself agreeing with Fee.

It does seem a shame that that you need to find fault with everything, Glee. I think that calling fellow players here "idiots" is certainly uncalled for, and then to accuse the Dev Team of not doing a proper job and lying about the time taken to develop the new update seems to be going way too far.

I am a little surprised that our own Board Team have allowed your comments to stand, but then, I guess they are more lenient than I might be under the circumstances.

Yes, of course, we are all entitled to our own opinions and get the chance to write negative as well as positive comments, but there are certain ways of doing this without resorting to making insulting comments.

Beast

RomanianOwl, Carlim, feej1274 and 2 others like this.